Built as a private summer cottage, in 1880 the Veazie Cottage became the home of the Mount Desert Reading Room, a private club for wealthy gentlemen in Bar Harbor’s summer community. In 1886, it was sold, and the building was moved to the corner of West and Bridge Streets, where it stands today.
Courtesy of:
Collection of the Bar Harbor Inn
Image Location:
History Hall